Author talks and Links
I am available to give talks and workshops on storytelling, putting on a nativity play and using drama to tell a bible story. These can be adapted to suit your particular group. I can travel within the Home Counties and within a reasonable distance from the M25 or further afield for a conference.
Here are some examples of recent talks and workshops:
Easy ways to storytelling for the very young
This session aims to boost the confidence of leaders telling a story at their pre-school group. It shows them how to hold the attention of the children (and the adults!), how to communicate with young children and how to tell a bible story for this age group.
You can put on a nativity play!
This session takes leaders through the different stages of producing a simple play and includes:
- telling the story of the play
- introducing the characters
- using drama games to increase the children's confidence, control and concentration and to reduce rehearsal time
- tailoring craft activities to reinforce the theme of your play
- approaching the final rehearsal and performance of your play
Please contact me to arrange a visit and to discuss a fee.
I am a member of the Association of Christian Writers which provides the opportunity to attend Writers' Days, workshops, a weekend conference and to meet many experienced writers.
Blog: www.vickihowieblog.wordpress.com Toddler stories and Faith in the Family activities